Monday, September 27, 2010

Paranoia

Last week really was a whirlwind.

With each day I could feel the tension growing, not knowing who I could trust because of the game. I would hold my backpack close to me, eyes darting all over the place and not talk to anyone who didn't talk to me first. School itself became a scary place. It was almost like putting ourselves inside the mindset of #6. All of a sudden we were in a place where everyone was out to get us and where we had to rely on our own prowess to get us through the day. I remember seeing STACies in the hallway and instead of greeting them I would flash them a dirty look, hold my backpack tighter and run for my life. It was all I could think about, during classes I would plan, during STAC I would plan, at home I would plan, I sometimes didn't sleep because I knew that other STACies knew where I lived.

It's bittersweet that the game is over. I was alive, and still really wanted to win, but at the same time, I'm glad I can go back to enjoying the day with my friends instead of worried they were out to get me.

I guess it all comes down to this: We really all are evil people.

Given the chance to we all betray each other for fame and glory of winning the game and become enveloping in "the kill" to the point where we become a disgusting creature, one that does nothing but feed and rot. People aren't nice by nature but rather they are nice because of it being socially correct. In the end it really is primal, carnal, and evil intent, which is not something we would expect from the teenage mind.

1 comment:

  1. Shea wanted to comment on your post, but she found it impossible to type with her nose...

    Even though you and I had made a personal truce between us (after you seduced me), I was still feeding my team information, and I still didn't trust you. I'm glad I can trust you and my other friends again though.

    ReplyDelete