Sunday, February 13, 2011

The Further You Get...

It seems that the workshop is only fun when we aren't playing crap.

The first thing we did on Friday was learn some of this groovy song that Freddie said he and the guys he plays with were working on. It had a really funky feeling and just playing it felt so different than any I had done before that I really was like "Damn this is really cool, why haven't I tried anything like this before." We did that for a good portion but it seems all good things must come to an end, because we had to go back to that stupid Journey song. The one good thing about it was that other people learned to turn their instruments down enough so that we could hear Ellen soloing. Other than that we didn't do much new this time besides suggest that we play the famously retitled "Teenage Wasteland" next time. This song to me is alright, it's fun once in a while when it comes on the radio, I just wish we could play something that hasn't been covered a million times by every band that does commercials these days. But I guess that's how it has to happen sometimes.

I managed to talk to Doug a bit about the culminating project for the group, seeing as we both thought that we should learn as a group to play a song that was fun and interesting that included the horn that we learned to play with (Ellen). I had suggested Black and White People by Matchbox Twenty, that would be pretty cool I think. I don't know though, we'll have to see soon I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment